A little about Pastor Josh:
Josh was born and raised on the Jersey Shore (That’s right, fugheddaboutit!). After going to college to be a pilot and air traffic controller, God grabbed his heart and pulled him into ministry. After moving to Seattle in 2009 he began discipling students, attended the University of Washington, and married his wife Jill in 2013. Josh and Jill answered the call at First Christian in 2015 and welcomed their son Jet in 2020. The Schacks enjoy hanging with students, camping, the beach, Disneyland, garage sales, traveling, Netflix, and cheering on the Seahawks!
SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT YOU
1. What are you happiest doing, when you’re not working?
My favorite things by far are spending time with Jill and Jet & hanging out in my hammock at the beach!
2. Name some favorite books you just couldn’t put down.
I LOVE “Mere Christianity” by CS Lewis. If you haven’t read it, check it out! It will rock your world. A close second is “Daring Greatly” by Brene Brown.
3. What’s the strangest talent you have that most people don’t know about?
Not strange necessarily but most people don’t know that I am a pilot 🙂
4. What are three things still left on your bucket list?
So many things. I love adventure so I want to skydive, climb Mount Rainier, and visit all 50 states (and all national parks)!
5. If you could invent a holiday, it would definitely involve.
Getting a full nights’ sleep (come on my new parents, I KNOW you are with me on this!!).
6. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card?
Costco! I mean, come on, all good things come from Costco!
7. Choose an actual movie title for the story of your life. Why?
It’s a Wonderful Life. Need I say more?!
8. What is the nerdiest thing you do in your spare time?
Though I’m not an engineer, I really love to learn how things work. So I’ll look up all kinds of information on how anything from the weather to car engines to the human body to electrical currents all work. Whatever is on my mind at the time!
9. Name an embarrassing what, or who, that you are a “closet” fan of?
Backstreet boys, circa late 90s. No shame in this game!
10. What thought or message would you want to put in a fortune cookie?
PHEW, about time I got out of that cookie!